MS-Word is an application program that allows you to create and type letters, reports, memos, proposals, newsletters, brochures, graphic presentations, web pages, tables, form letters.. all the communication required in today’s businesses.
MS-Word for windows is a “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG) program which means that the user can see all font and graphics on the screen exactly as they will print out. MS-Word for windows has the ability to create graphics and graphs, which can be added to the document.
It also makes easy to combine text and graphics together and allows control the appearances of text and graphics by simply clicking on the mouse. Complex command need not be remembered as all commands are displayed in a menu.
Powerful Features of Microsoft Word
- Drag and Drop feature
- Table creation features
- Full-featured macro language
- Advanced page layout feature
- Ability to import graphics
- Autocorrect, Autotext
- Insert Hyperlinks, Files, Text boxes, Pictures, etc
- Auto save feature
- Word wrap feature
- Word Art and Clip Art
- Object Linking and Embedding (OLE)
To Start with MS-Word
To start the MS-Word on your computer you can either double click at MS-Word icon on your computer or perform the following steps.
- Click at the start button on the taskbar with the help of a mouse. A menu will appear.
- Click at the ‘Program’ option and a cascading submenu bar would appear.
- Click at the MS-Office option. Now a submenu appear which contains all the MS Office applications.
- Now select the ‘MS-Word’ and click it. The screen of the MS-Word will appear briefly before the main program window appear.
To learn more about MS-Word you can join our MS Office course. Have a look at the syllabus of MS Office.